Climate change affects framework conditions of basic ecological functions. It is therefore necessary to better understand these functions, even though this has so far been of lesser importance, for example for plant production.
The educational material of LandCARE will be gradually developed and will provide knowledge in the following areas:
- Natural resources, ecosystem functions and ecosystem services
- The soil-plant-atmosphere system
- Regional climate change, impact and adaptation
- Greenhouse gases and carbon budget
- Biological diversity and agrobiodiversity
- Agricutural production and food security